Three’s a charm
This class is about preparing yourself for an emotive portrait on a large canvas with acrylic paint. We’re going to dive deep in this one. We’re going to explore expression, three kinds of media, three different substrates, composition and colour. We will start by working by close observation and later on in the process you will learn to trust your instincts and take a more intuitive approach.
This is an excellent class for people who would like to work on expression and love to experiment. It’s also helpful if you experience some fear of the white canvas.
Goals of this class:
- Breaking down the creative process in small, manageable steps to get more confident before working on a large scale portrait
- Challenging yourself by both observing and trusting your gut
- Planning your composition
- Experimenting with different colour palettes and media
- Creating a layered and interesting portrait
- Having fun!
- drawing tools like a pencil or charcoal or even apen, whatever you’re most comfortable with
- Indian ink
- a small sponge
- acrylic paints
- rubbing alcohol
- a brayer
- different kinds of paper (including tan and Yupo paper)
- a large canvas
If you still have any questions about the class, I will be happy to answer them if you fill out the form beow. 🙂
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.