Hi, I'm Jerney!
Have you ever struggled with getting started on your art? Being loose? Putting emotion in your work? Or maybe you have even lost your joy for creating because of all the pressure you're putting on yourself? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then take my hand and I will help you!
I do this in three ways:
- For free: I share tips, prompts and even mini lessons to my newsletter subscribers
- I'm on Patreon to share weekly videos and printable ephemera (check out my free posts on my introduction page)
- By teaching my online art classes (there are 3 free ones for you to enjoy)
- I master the ability to channel my muses (aka intuition). I start by doing something that will make it easier for me to find portraits and figures out of the ordinary. I let myself be inspired by chance and association. This is a skill you can practice and a lot of my lessons are designed to strengthen that muscle.
- I understand how to put emotion into my subjects through use of colour, symbolism and more.
- I know how to make you love the process and focus less on the end results. This will result in more joy and interesting art!
My teaching style
I design my lessons carefully and I like to create exercises that will not only let you reproduce my projects, but that will help you to find your own style in the process. I share my techniques as well as my thought process. My lessons are always start to finish projects, I don't like to keep you in the dark.
My mission is to help creatives to get in their studio and have fun while creating expressive works of art.
A few things about me
- I looove to start my day with all kinds of warm up exercises and bite sized projects. They are perfect to ease you into that state of mind you need to be creative.
- I'm an art therapy enthusiast. I studied it way back when, decided I didn't want to be a therapist, but I do apply a lot of the techniques in my lessons to help you to get loose and experience freedom in your creative process.
- I'm a hoarder. I like to surround myself with things that bring me joy. A beautiful studio is inviting and will make you want to create.
- If you ever feel like you are stuck, please e-mail me. I'm an involved teacher and I'm here to help you grow.
- I'm a cat lady, but I love all animals. I live in the city, but I love being in nature. I'm a huge introvert, but I love to connect with people.
- I would love to move to a remote little island in the Atlantic to teach art and organise retreats.