Tiny Portraits, Tiny Palette
Earlybird price: $55 until April 30 2019
Would you like to learn how to make your portraits more expressive? How to practice more in less time? Or mabe you’d just love to create small works of art for your friends and family to enjoy.
In this class you will learn how to create expressive post card sized portraits. We will work in an extremely limited, but beautiful palette so that we can focus on the expression and the stories of our subjects without being overwhelmed by having to deal with colour. I will teach you how to sculpt your portraits without the stress of having to create a sketch first.
I will talk about my own rookie mistakes and I will show you how you can fix your portraits when you think you may have messed up. I will demonstrate how I use reference photos for inspiration rather than worrying about achieving likeness. I will take your hand and talk you through my own decision making process. But most of all, I want to show you a relaxing and intuitive way of practicing your portrait painting.
- Most of the lessons are filmed in real time so that you won’t miss a thing.
- In all of the lessons you are guided by my voice while I’m explaining what I’m doing and, more importantly, why.
- The lessons are between 25 minutes and one hour long.
- This is mainly an acrylic painting class, but a couple of other media will be used to tell your story.
Goals of this class:
- Learning how to sculpt a face with acrylic paint.
- Exploring different expressions without being distracted by a lot of colour.
- Getting inspired by reference photos rather than copying them.
- Learning how to sculpt your faces even without a reference photo.
- Learning how to fix it when you made a mistake.
- Experimenting with a couple of different approaches to painting a face.
- Adding some narrative with different media.
- Learning to trust your instincts.
- Finding your own tiny palettes.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.