In this class we’ll create an expressive portrait in a way that you can fine tune your expression along the way. No brushes are involved in order to get surprising marks but you can absolutely bring in a brush when you want to. I will teach you how to add colour in a relaxing way. Are you ready for some mixed media fun?
You will also get a Fearless Art journaling bonus lesson with lots of techniques that will stimulate working intuitively so you will find your own story elements. Think collage, playing with inks and incorporating your thoughts into your page without them being legible in the end.
This class is suited for anyone who:
- wishes to create more freely
- is struggling with colour
- loves learning about mixed media techniques
- Sculpting a mixed media portrait, knowing that you can change anything you want at any time.
- Learning mixed media techniques that will help you to create with confidence.
- Playing and experimenting in a safe but creative way.
- Watercolour paper in any size you want to work on
- Stabilo All pencil (or anything watersoluble if you’d like to experiment further)
- Clear gesso (optional but be gentle with your paper if you omit)
- White gesso
- Indian ink (you can substitute this for black gesso or even paint)
- Two sponges (I’m using compressed sponges cut to size)
- Water spray bottle
- Soft pastels (I’m using a very pale green, yellow ochre, flesh tone, red, olive green and a pale violet)
1 review for Fearless Faces
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Holly McLaughlin (verified owner) –
I highly recommend Jerney’s classes. She shows you unique ways of creating satisfying and fun works of art for artists at any skill level. I also appreciate that, of the lessons I’ve taken, her classes show you that you can use minimal and relatively inexpensive materials to create something beautiful and inspiring. She is kind and encouraging to her students. She demonstrates a more personal relationship with her online students than any other teacher that I’ve had experience with, in that she consistently reaches out to her students online and provides tips and compliments – something that is greatly appreciated, especially if you are a beginner artist or just unsure of yourself as an artist. Again, I would highly recommend her classes, and I plan to continue to take more of her courses in the future.